Saturday, December 5, 2009

new tradition

This year I've decided to start a new tradition for the Christmas season. Last week the Helena Independent Record published Empty Stockings, a Christmas wish list for families & non-profit organizations in need. I was just heartbroken to read about some of the families. After reading the list over and over I just wanted to try to help ALL of them. But I knew I couldn't do that so I decided to buy clothes, shoes, diapers and wipes for a struggling father with 3 small boys. I ALSO decided that this would become a Christmas tradition that we can involve Bennett in once he is older. We can all go out together and shop for a family in need instead of buying ourselves so many presents. We'd like to teach Bennett to be a giving person and this new tradition might be a good start.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, this is sweet AP. I think it's a great idea. I do this every year through my work but it's an even better idea to bring it home so that Mr. Bojangles can enjoy it too. I have no doubt he'll be a caring, loving little boy cuz he's got parents who live it everyday!

    ReplyDelete