This morning Bennett woke up kind of early - right at 7am. This might not be early for some kids, but B is a sleeper inner like his Mama. I usually have to wake him up at 8:00. So I figured we had some time before the day got rolling and I asked him if he wanted to lay in my bed for a bit. We both got in and I covered him up with blankets, snug as a bug. We closed our eyes and snuggled.
About 2.5 seconds later he opened his eyes and started fidgeting. I asked if he wanted me to tell him a story. He said yes, so I told him a story about a young boy who lost his favorite shirt but then found it again. I asked if he had a good time with the babysitter last night. He said he did and then told me about all the things they did together - ate pizza, drew with sidewalk chalk, played with trucks and cars. Then he asked, "Did you have a good day, Mama?" I said "yes, I had a good time on my bike ride." Then he said, "My favorite part of the day is right now!"
See, over the past couple months we've been doing this new thing at the dinner table. We go around the table and each of us talks about our favorite part of the day. Sometimes one of us says, "My favorite part of the day is right now!" And Bennett loves that. He seems to want to say that all the time now. Which is super cute.
I'm looking forward to having 'favorite parts of the day' this summer. A new summer is ahead of us with exciting possibilities and prospects. A summer to live life to the fullest and appreciate the things that matter most.
A summer to
Be merry.
Do fun things.
And have favorite parts of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment