Friday, July 15, 2011

Shit happens...sometimes

It happened this week.
Bennett said "shit" for the first time.

He got it from me. Amy, that is.

Side note....Bennett has been calling me Amy a lot lately because Greysen is all about it these days. Its pretty cute to hear G-man yelling "Amy, Amy" through the door at Cassie Care when we arrive in the mornings. So lately Bennett's been saying "Amy and Mama" a lot. Last night when he wanted my attention he yelled "AAAAAAMMMMMMMMYYYYY"!

Back to the main story. Tuesday night, B and I were quietly sitting at his art table drawing a big picture of a horse. I had drawn the outline based on one of his puzzle pieces, then I got WAY into filling it in with the crayons. When I suddenly messed something up on my horsey masterpiece, I disappointingly said "shit". About 3 seconds later Bennett said "shit" as he drew lines with a marker. I smiled and laughed to myself because it was a perfect "shit". Not the typical toddler "sit" or "schi"....it was perfectly enunciated!

Then we proceeded to have this conversation:

Amy: It happens.
Bennett: What, shit?
Amy: Sometimes.

JUST kidding!!
That was somebody else...



(Cassie Dockter photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment